[Paraview] system hdf5 and 3.98rc1

fbissey at slingshot.co.nz fbissey at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Nov 12 21:45:44 EST 2012

Another problem I have now is with system hdf5. I get the following:
Disabling NETCDF4 support since HDF5_HL is missing.

Yet I have hdf5_hl installed and it is detected by cmake as well since
HDF%_hdf5_hl_LIBRARY is defined and pointing to the right thing.
I believe that the cmake testing logic in
VTK/ThirdParty/netcdf/vtknetcdf/CMakeLists.txt
is wrong:
set (USE_NETCDF4 OFF)
if (NOT VTK_USE_SYSTEM_HDF5)
  # using VTK's HDF5, we always build that with HL support.
  set (USE_NETCDF4 ON)
elseif(HDF5_HL_LIBRARY)
  set (USE_NETCDF4 ON)
else()
  message(STATUS "Disabling NETCDF4 support since HDF5_HL is missing.")
endif ()

HDF5_HL_LIBRARY is the wrong variable to test, it should be
HDF5_hdf5_hl_LIBRARY.
The change works for me. By the way any chance to be able to use the system
netcdf  as debian does in its build (and that I shamelessly copied in Gentoo).

Francois