[Paraview] Unexpected lines in "Surface with Edges" mode with PV 3.14

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Tue Mar 13 06:11:08 EDT 2012

Hello, all.

I have found a strange behavior of PV 3.14 in "Surface with Edges" mode
for some surfaces: when reading some Tecplot files that contained a
structured mesh, I get some unexpected lines that don't exist in the
file and that don't appear when I select the "Wireframe" mode. The
"Wireframe" view is correct, the "Surface with Edges" view is not.

PV 3.12 does not show such unexpected lines: both "Surface with Edges"
and "Wireframe" views are correct and show the same exact structured mesh.

I attach to this mail two screen shots of the same surface viewed in
"Surface with Edges" mode: the file wakepv312.png is obtained with PV
3.12 and the file wakepv314.png is obtained with PV 3.14.

I must say that this problem comes only with some surfaces that have
more or less "strange" curvature like my test file that contains the
surface representation of the wake behind a wing. If you cannot
reproduce this problem, I will send you my tecplot file.

Best regards.

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA