[Paraview] reload data

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Mar 9 09:44:55 EST 2012

Matthias,

Using the topic_CommandProperty branch on the stage git repo

I added the following to readers.xml under the
   <SourceProxy name="XMLUnstructuredGridReaderCore"
     <CommandProperty
       name="Reload"
       label="Reload Data"
       command="Modified"
       si_class="vtkSIProperty">
     </CommandProperty>

and a button is created inside the panel for the reader (the file series reader also needs to expose the property because the reader is actually inside the file series reader).
When you click the button the client side proxy is marked as modified, and when you hit accept the Modified function is called on the server side object (the reader) - this then triggers a re-execution and the reader rereads from disk.

All works as expected. I shall see if I can get this accepted into the next patch release as I believe it is a very handy capability to have in a number of places. I'll add the xml changes and push them too, but perhaps other readers (of the list) might suggest which other readers (of files) need this feature added.

JB