[Paraview] Manually writing time based data to (.vtu)

William Oquendo woquendo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:34:44 EDT 2012

Hi,
Unfortunately what I do in your case is what you prefer not to do: I write
a different file for each time step and then use a .pvd paraview file to
set the time step for the corresponding filename. This is easy. Then I load
the pvd into paraview and it associates the time step with each data on
each filename. I am not an expert in vtk file formats, so I do not know if
you can embed all those time dependent files into one. In case you want to
check the format for the pvd file, let me know and I can show you a simple
example.

Best regards / Cordialmente,

William-Fernando Oquendo
Este correo puede carecer de tildes o eñes debido al teclado.