[Paraview] Cmake complaint with git clone of ParaView

William Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 5 22:10:34 EDT 2012

Hello,

Earlier this evening I did a "git clone" copy of ParaView from
git://paraview.org/ParaView.git, and CMake is giving my the
following errors:

                  CMake Error at CMake/VTKModules.cmake:3 (include):
                    include could not find load file:
                      vtkDependentOption
                  Call Stack (most recent call first):
                    CMakeLists.txt:148 (include)

                  CMake Error at CMake/VTKModules.cmake:361
(VTK_DEPENDENT_OPTION):
                    Unknown CMake command "VTK_DEPENDENT_OPTION".
                  Call Stack (most recent call first):
                    CMakeLists.txt:148 (include)

I did a Google search, but no obvious answer appeared.

Note: I also got this warning:

                 CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:120 (MESSAGE):
                    Warning: You are using Qt 4.7.4.  Officially
supported version is Qt 4.8

Of course, that was after it complained about a lack of Qt, and
mentioned version 4.7, so I spent an hour compiling Qt version 4.7.4
(if only CMake had told me it wanted an even more recent version!)

	Thanks for the help,
	Bill