[Paraview] Saving the Rendered View and Reverse Connection

the lily the.1.lily at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:03:43 EDT 2012

Hello

I'm connecting to a remote server to get the data then I'm doing some volume rendering on that data

I want to be able to view the rendered object and save that in a png file

but the problem that I do not get a clear view of the object it is too small and not in the right place

, when I run the script on the local machine I get a good view

I attached a screen shoot of what I get when connecting to the server with the Reverse connection

and this is my code

from paraview import simple as pvsimple
from paraview.simple import *

pvsimple.ReverseConnect('12345')
File_Name = '/............./1.700E-02.xmf'
test_xmf = pvsimple.XDMFReader( FileName= File_Name )

test_xmf.UpdatePipeline()
RenderView1 = pvsimple.GetRenderView()
CellDatatoPointData2 = pvsimple.CellDatatoPointData()
CellDatatoPointData2.UpdatePipeline()
rep = pvsimple.Show(CellDatatoPointData2,RenderView1)

rep.Representation = 'Volume'
Render()
RenderView1.WriteImage("example.png","vtkPNGWriter",4)