[Paraview] Clipping data with cube of absolute size

Luca Guglielmetti guglie at autistici.org
Fri Jul 27 04:04:55 EDT 2012

On 7/26/2012 10:56 AM, Karl König wrote:

> Apply three subsequent calculators that turn the coords vector by means
> of the following formulas
> into three additional data arrays. Then apply the Threshold filter
> subsequently using the calculated x-, y- and z-coordinate data arrays to
> clip your data set.

Hi Karl,

thank you for the quick reply. I tried it as you described and it works
quite nice!

Still, I am wondering if there is no way to clip an absolute size in a
different orientation system.

For example cube-objects in ParaView can be translated and rotated.
Clipping over the cube would therefore correspond to clipping with the
threshold filter over a translated and rotated orientation system.

Regards, Luca Guglielmetti