[Paraview] GradientOfUnstructuredDataSet for vorticity & GridConnecivity error with Unstructured Grid

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Jul 24 21:08:13 EDT 2012

There is a bug in the computed Q criterion where the vorticity part was
missing a factor of 0.5. I would suggest you compute Q criterion from the
output of the gradient filter. For the gradient of unstructured data set
filter, if the compute vorticity option is selected its result gets put in
the result array name instead of the velocity gradient. There has been much
confusion on this and it will get fixed in ParaView 4.0.

The stream tracer filter doesn't rely on grid connectivity to traverse the
mesh. You may want to look at the seed source that you're using or maybe
some other parameters of the stream tracer filter.