[Paraview] VRPN Setup

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Jul 24 09:29:48 EDT 2012

Hi Sean,

>> By the way, I may have found a bug / feature. It seems like I have to
>> specify the eye separation value in mm, even though I have transformed my
>> tracker units to metres in the state file. Perhaps this is another mistake
>> in my configuration though. Please let me know if that's the case.

If you tracker data is in meters, you should keep the eye separation
in meters too. In general I keep the eye separation to 0.06 meters (6
centimeters). Now if your object is tiny, you may feel like too much
eye separation because now the object has to be really close to your
eyes and hence larger eye separation. I would recommend that you scale
you scene (objects) appropriately (to make them of a particular size
in terms of bounds).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,