[Paraview] ParaView thinks that it does not have a wind blade reader

Sohail Shafii sohailshafii at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 15:52:25 EDT 2012

When running serially, vtkSMReaderFactory::CanReadFile sees that the session has a single process.  As such, on line 660 it realizes that the source proxy's process support (in this case the source is a vtkWindBladeReader proxy) is multiple processes, which causes a return of "false" from that function.  This makes ParaView think that the wind blade reader can't read a .wind file in serial.  According to Andy, the reader works find in parallel.

I assume that a fix for this is pretty trivial? It never did this before in previous versions of ParaView and I think that the wind blade reader code has remained mostly the same. Andy mentioned some details in person when he was talking with Jon but at that time I didn't know as much as I do now.  There is a mention below about enabling the filter in serial and parallel -- is this done in a xml file?

Sohail