[Paraview] Problem when following instructions for parallel reader (Paraview Manual 3.14)

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Tue Jul 17 14:42:16 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am attempting to follow the instructions found in the 3.14 ParaView manual for writing parallel readers.  I am successfully reading sub extents from my data file, and am generating good visualizations in Paraview, but when I start applying filters, I start to see some problems.

I load my file, and then start constructing a view using the Extract Subset tool… so far, so good.
Once I have the view built, and have the full grid turned off (eyeball greyed out), and I start changing the variables that I am loading, I seem to loose the whole extent in the pipeline.  The last call to Data->SetExtent(extent) populates the top-level of the pipeline, preventing me from changing anything in the view, as the system doesn't think it has the full wholeExtent.

I am attaching a screen shot to show the problem.

Is there something that I need to add to my reader so that paraview doesn't loose the whole extents?

Thanks,
-- Joshua Murphy

Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado, Boulder