[Paraview] Client-Server Handshake failed

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jul 17 13:50:04 EDT 2012

Version "3.14.1-1217-g611f58e" incorporates latest VTK changes for
modularization. I am not surprised that has resulted in changes to
vtkSocketCommunicator files and that's what resulting in the version
mismatch. Since current changes in VTK/ParaView master are what would
go to making the next release for ParaView which won't be version
compatible with 3.14.1, at this point we should consider git-master
and 3.14.1 client-server processes are non-compatible. You may either
want to build your Mac binary using the same git version of ParaView
or build ur server binary using 3.14.1 source (tag: v3.14.1).

Utkarsh