[Paraview] Parallel Python Programmable Filter Requesting Additional Ghost Data

Jesus Pulido jpulido at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 17 12:22:24 EDT 2012

Thank you Berk.

I was under the impression that this command would trigger the reader to
automatically load in the additional # of requested ghost levels. I tested
the command and each data piece still has the same extents as before.

Is there any additional way to load in ghost level that's parallel
friendly? I am aware of the D3 filter but, from the memory usage, it seems
that it will load in the entire dataset into each processor and this is not
feasible for large datasets.

I am using binary, "raw" vti piece files each with their own extent of the
data and a header pvti file.
The data has no encoded ghost layers between pieces so I was hoping to have
paraview do that for me.

Jesus