[Paraview] WriteImage Arguments

Roba Binyahib roba.binyahib at kaust.edu.sa
Tue Jul 17 11:26:23 EDT 2012

Hello

I'm want to write the result of this code to png file and I found the
writer

WriteImage()

the thing is that in Paraview's tutorials I found the writer with two
arguments like the following

view.WriteImage("example.png","vtkPNGWriter")

but when I run that from the termianl using pvpython I got an error says
that WriteImage() takes three arguments, so I found the following in one of
the websites

view.WriteImage("example.png","vtkPNGWriter",1)

and when I did that, it worked and wrote an image that has a size of 400*400

when I changed the last argument to 2 I got an image that have the size
800*800

so what does the third argument refers to ? and why is it not working with
only two arguments ?

hope someone can help

thanks

--