[Paraview] ParaView thinks that it does not have a wind blade reader

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Jul 11 12:53:03 EDT 2012

I was reluctant to enable the reader in serial (i.e. not using MPI IO which
I think is getting done by default with the parallel build) because of the
following warnings that I got:

Warning: In /home/acbauer/CODE/ParaView/
ParaView/VTK/IO/Parallel/vtkWindBladeReader.cxx, line 942
vtkWindBladeReader (0x3a0c800): WindBladeReader error reading file:
/home/acbauer/DATA/VTKLargeData/Data/WindBladeReader/test1_topo.wind
Premature EOF while reading block of data. Expected 896000 but got 0

I just assumed that it was getting bad results so I didn't check the serial
output with the parallel output. In either case the code should be changed
before enabling it in serial so that it reads the files correctly and
doesn't produce any warning messages.

Andy