[Paraview] VRPN Setup

Nikhil Shetty nikhil.shetty at kitware.com
Wed Jul 11 10:20:34 EDT 2012

HI Sean,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Sean Delaney <sdelaney at cp.dias.ie> wrote:

> Hi Nikhil,
>
> I have fixed the networking issues. There was an error in my state file
> and I had also made an embarrassing mistake with the build. It works now
> and the display moves when I move the tracking target. I recalibrated the
> tracking system and measured the coordinates of the screen corners in mm
> (which seems to be the unit used by the tracking system).
>
> How should I represent these coordinates in the pvx file? I tried
> replacing the coordinates of the screen corners as shown below, but when I
> load the state file I can't see anything on the cave screen (just the
> background colour). If I use the coordinates from the example on the web, I
> can see something but it doesn't appear correct.
>
> So typically the if your tracking is in millimeters then your display is
configured in millimeters and that means your scene units are also in
millimeters. Typically we assume that the tracking is in meters and so is
also the assumption in the document. You could either apply a transform on
the tracker (scale) or on the scene.

You can apply a tracker transform on the <VRPNConnection> tag
  <Tracker id="0" name="something">
<TrackerTransform value=" 1 0 0 0
                                                0 1 0 0
                                                0 0 1 0