[Paraview] Custom Widget, GUI and widget representation disappeared

Stephan Rogge Stephan.Rogge at tu-cottbus.de
Tue Jul 10 02:39:55 EDT 2012

Hello,

since switch VTK to 6.0 and the integration of new panel into PV I have
trouble with an existing test plugin which holds a custom widget. To create
a custom widget, I've used the ADD_3DWIDGET in my CMakeList:

ADD_3DWIDGET(OUTIFACES OUTSRCS
    CLASS_NAME pqTestWidget
    WIDGET_TYPE TestWidget)

The class pqTestWidget handles the GUI stuff. My (test) widget
representation is a duplication of vtkSplineRepresentation class which uses
the new VTK 6.0 API. I never had any problems with this test plugin, until
now. The GUI isn't visible any more, even when "Advanced" is pressed. Also,
the representation itself is not displayed in my 3D view. Putting some debug
output messages in the constructor of pqTestWidget show me, that it this
class is never being instantiated. I did some research to find out where the
problem is but was not able to handle it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Cheer,
Stephan