[Paraview] VRPN Setup

Sean Delaney sdelaney at cp.dias.ie
Mon Jul 9 11:19:39 EDT 2012

Thanks Nikhil.

I should have mentioned that I have set the VRplugin to load automatically
both for the server and client (and checked that it is marked as "loaded"
in the manager). My apologies for not mentioning that in the last message.

The figures I used in the pvx file describing the corners of the screen (in
the coordinates / units of the tracking system) are not correct, I just
used them for testing. I was still expecting to see some change on the
display when I move the tracking target (even if it's not the "correct"
change). I can recalibrate the system to rule this out, but I suspect that
this will not solve the problem.

Perhaps I can use a network monitoring tool to see if Paraview is actually
connecting to the tracking server.

Seán