[Paraview] [Xdmf] XDMF Time value problem

Tim Gallagher tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Fri Jul 6 09:07:08 EDT 2012

We've never had any luck getting time series with XDMF to work correctly in Paraview.

However, we create animations all the time. Using the python trace feature, we set up the image using one of the files from the dataset. Then we modify the generated trace file slightly (make it so it's a function that takes in the file number we want, and delete the pipeline at the end so it doesn't blow up memory) and then create the frames through a python driver script.

It's actually very simple and can be done in parallel with either multiple processors generating an image or multiple images being generated simultaneously.

Tim