[Paraview] ParaView looking for MPI when it shouldn't.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 19:07:56 EDT 2012

Hi All,
I am building ParaView from the Git repository and for some reason it is
looking for MPI even though I have PARAVIEW_USE_MPI turned off.
I can't see any other setting that is forcing MPI to be turned on.

Is there something I am missing or is there an error in the configuration
files?

My output is:
- Filter ZLIB is ON
-- Could NOT find MPI_C (missing:  MPI_C_LIBRARIES MPI_C_INCLUDE_PATH)
-- Could NOT find MPI_CXX (missing:  MPI_CXX_LIBRARIES
MPI_CXX_INCLUDE_PATH)
CMake Error at VTK/Parallel/MPI/CMakeLists.txt:35 (message):
  MPIEXEC was empty.

make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

Regards

Andrew J. P. Maclean