[Paraview] ParaView thinks that it does not have a wind blade reader

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Jul 3 13:54:15 EDT 2012

Hi Sohail,

I went through the code and it jogged my memory about previous problems
with it. It had an explicit MPI call in the constructor that would cause
problems when paraview wasn't getting built with MPI. Any time a user tried
to open an unknown file it would try to create a windblade reader to see if
the reader could handle the file and this would cause a crash. If you
launch a separate pvserver the wind blade reader will be available in the
gui.

If someone fixes this problem in the reader we can enable it properly
through the gui. Right now though I'm getting a bunch of warnings when
running in serial like:
Warning: In
/home/acbauer/CODE/ParaView/ParaView/VTK/IO/Parallel/vtkWindBladeReader.cxx,
line 942
vtkWindBladeReader (0x3a0c800): WindBladeReader error reading file:
/home/acbauer/DATA/VTKLargeData/Data/WindBladeReader/test1_topo.wind
Premature EOF while reading block of data. Expected 896000 but got 0

Andy