[Paraview] compilation error paraview 3.14.1 on macos

julie digne jdigne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:38:29 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I could not find the solution for this problem on the web though
several people seem to have faced it or a similar one.
I want to install paraview-pcl plugin, so I need to build paraview
from source (latest: Paraview 3.14.1). I am using macosx 10.6.8
(intel), cmake2.8.6, qt4.8.2
cmake works fine. but the compilation fails because of:

ParaView-3.14.1-Source/VTK/Common/vtkArrayIteratorTemplate.txx:123:
error: ambiguous overload for ‘operator<<’ in ‘(os << indent) <<
"Array: "’

I checked google, and apparently some people got this problem because
of a long long support, but in my case cmake returns:
-- Checking if ostream supports long long
-- Checking if ostream supports long long -- yes
-- Checking if istream supports long long
-- Checking if istream supports long long -- yes

and the CMakeCache variables are:

VTK_ISTREAM_SUPPORTS_LONG_LONG:INTERNAL=1
VTK_OSTREAM_SUPPORTS_LONG_LONG:INTERNAL=1

Do you have any idea on how to solve this problem?

Thanks
julie