[Paraview] Animation using CGNS files.

Kenneth Hall kenneth.c.hall at duke.edu
Wed Jan 25 10:43:25 EST 2012

Hi All,

I am new to the list, hope you can help. Does anyone have experience using CGNS files with Paraview animation, especially with moving grids.  I can get Paraview to animate the *solution* using

		ZoneIterativeData -> FlowSolutionPointers.

But my moving grids won't move.  I have tried storing the grid location at each time levels and using

		ZoneIterativeData -> GridCoordinatesPointers

to point to the data. I have also tried defining multiple RigidGridMotion nodes, and then using

		ZoneIterativeData -> RigidGridMotionPointers.

to point to the data.  In both cases, the flow solution correctly animates, but the grid does not move.   Has anyone else had success in animating grid motion with CGNS files and Paraview?

Kenneth
Kenneth C. Hall
Julian Francis Abele Professor
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Duke University

Tel: (919) 660-5328
Fax: (919) 660-8963
email: Kenneth.C.Hall at duke.edu

Regular Mail:
    Duke University
    Dept. of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
    Box 90300
    Durham, NC  27708-0300

FedX or UPS:
    Duke University
    Dept. of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
    184 Hudson Hall
    Durham, NC  27708-0300