[Paraview] Cube Axes labels problems in current ParaView sources

Nenad Vujicic nenadus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 06:59:28 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

Looks like this was very easy patch (3 lines of code):-). I made it by
adding setting X, Y and Z axes ranges of used vtkCubeAxesActor object
to data ranges at the end of
vtkCubeAxesRepresentation::UpdateBounds(). Aashish, thank You very
much on Your hint! However, I hit another problem. I wanted to add
check box on "Edit Cube Axes Properties" dialog which should control
which behavior will be used (generate tick labels from original or
scaled / transformed data). However, I couldn't connect it with code I
added in vtkCubeAxesRepresentation class. I couldn't even retrieve
UnscaledTicks property of passed representation in
pqCubeAxesEditorDialog::setRepresentationProxy() routine.

Is adding of 'bool UnscaledTicks' to vtkCubeAxesRepresentation class
enough to have "UnscaledTicks" property or there is some additional
code I should call? Also, am I on good way of connecting my check-box
with vtkCubeAxesRepresentation? Any comment is highly appreciated:-)!

Best regards,
Nenad.