[Paraview] Paraview-web

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Wed Jan 18 09:15:55 EST 2012

Hi Anand,

ParaViewWeb is a technology that is already available which leverage
ParaView capability for data processing and visualization. As ParaView
is based on top of VTK, basically any VTK pipeline can be achieved.
ParaViewWeb provides access to ParaView's proxy directly through the
JavaScript or if you prefer on the server side through python plugins
that get automatically wrapped to JavaScript objects.

ParaViewWeb use JavaScript in the web browser, Java for the web server
and Python and C++ for the processing and rendering.

I'm sorry to say that, but there is not a strait answer to your
question. It will mainly depend on what you want to achieve and how.
In any case, ParaViewWeb could already provide you all you need, but
if not, you can still extend it to make it match.

Seb