[Paraview] Do anyone have examples of writing binary file with mesh and results data?

Zupan Hu huzupan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:11:13 EST 2012

Hi All,

Currently I am learning how to do parallel visualization with ParaView, and
I need to generate ParaView readable binary file instead of VTK.

 I can generate VTK file in Matlab with 3d Mesh (nodes and element connect)
and results data (say temperature at each node). But I have trouble with
generating a ParaView binary file with the same 3d mesh and results data.

Did anyone use Matlab (or under other environment like C) to generate the
binary file? Do you have any example programs for generating such binary
files?

Thanks
Zupan