[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Connecting ParaView client on Mac to server on Linux?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jan 12 12:53:10 EST 2012

Goodwin,

Thanks for the idea. I looked in vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx, but didn't
look closely enough to find the hash. It turns out that I needed to
update ParaView's submodules after checking out the v3.12.0 tag.

I ran

git checkout v3.12.0

but needed to run

git checkout v3.12.0
git submodule update

This ensures that I have the correct VTK version for v3.12.0 on all
systems on which I am building.

Thanks again for the tip!

Cory

Cory Quammen