[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Connecting ParaView client on Mac to server on Linux?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Jan 11 22:42:08 EST 2012

I've hit something like this recently... I had a KW client binary and
compiled the server myself, initially from git tag 3.12.0, then from the
tarball.

If you checkout PV 3.12.0 with git you get a different file version of
vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx (in it's VTK submodule) than you do if you
download the 3.12.0 tarball.

The tarball has the same version of vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx as the
compiled binaries on the KW site.

What's strange is that you compiled both client and server from git...
check what version of vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx you have on client and
the server.

Could also be that you need to do a clean build - maybe a new hash isn't
been generated.

HTH,

Goodwin

ps Before the 3.12.0 release, vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx was amended in
March and June 2011.

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=history;f=Parallel/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx;h=2775b36ee17ca5c442df35b00c3bc089de5122ff;hb=HEAD