[Paraview] Threads in the python shell

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Wed Jan 11 12:43:51 EST 2012

Hello,

I want to use a tablet (android) to control the  GUI (rotation, pan,
zoom) in paraview.
In the python shell a made network connection (socket) the sent command
that I translate into paraview commands (this work ok).

The problem is that the GUI is not respond to the user iterations during
the network iteration (I have a while loop in the python):

so the idea was to create a thread to treat all the network commands,
but the code in the second thread is executed only for the time the main
thread is running.
a example code is attached (very little code).

can I use threads inside paraview python shell, or I have to use c++???
(I prefer python, no need to recompile)

--

Felipe Bordeu Weldt
Ingénieur de Recherche