[Paraview] surface normal for slices through a volume

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:28:25 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a dataset with mixed cell types - wedges and tetrahedra.  When I
apply a plane cut through the mesh I do not get triangles with consistent
orientation for their normals, i.e. wedges are one direction, tets are the
other.  Of course, I can apply the "GenerateSurfaceNormals" with
consistency checking but this can take quite a lot of time...

Should the triangles have point ordering to give consistent normals if the
cells are generated correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Paul