[Paraview] PV 3.12.0 coprocessing problem

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Jan 10 10:56:01 EST 2012

Hi John,

Glad you got the bug fixed.  As far as I can tell, ParaView has now been
bug-free for 3 years so I knew it must have been with your code :)

I can't say for sure but I would think that you'd want to add in the
vtkGhostLevel array.  The trivial producer that's used to inject the data
object into the pipeline probably isn't smart enough to pass that
information along yet though.  This is something which I've been wondering
for a while but haven't gotten around to looking into deeper.  It will
probably be a bigger issue when we get the live-data working with
coprocessing such that people can interact with the data coming out of
their simulation code through the coprocessing library.  Utkarsh is
spending time on that now so someone is going to have to figure out that
answer fairly soon.  I'll put it on my list of things to do but if you want
to take charge of it, I won't complain!

As for the scalar bar error dialogue, I'm not getting it on my machine so
I'm not sure how it's coming up much less how to get rid of it.  I'd be
more than happy to help you get rid of it though once I get more
information.

Another thing -- have you looked at CMake's FortranCInterface stuff for
automatically mangling the C++ functions to match up with Fortran?  It
should make it such that you don't have to do the machine dependent
mangling yourself.  An example is at
ParaView/CoProcessing/Adaptors/FortranAdaptors if you haven't checked it
out yet.

Andy