[Paraview] Icet test build fails with Paraview-3.12.0

Rakesh Hammond rakesh.hammond at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:51:33 EST 2012

Hi,

Thanks - Am I corect in assuming hardware rendering?

I think I have finally fixed the problem - this is part of the patch from
Kitware
+  ELSE (DEFINED MPI_C_COMPILER)
+    # Older MPI module
+    MARK_AS_ADVANCED(CLEAR MPI_INCLUDE_PATH)
+    MARK_AS_ADVANCED(CLEAR MPI_LIBRARY)
+    MARK_AS_ADVANCED(CLEAR MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY)
+
+    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${MPI_INCLUDE_PATH})
+    SET(ICET_MPI_LIBRARIES ${MPI_LIBRARY} ${MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY})
+  ENDIF(DEFINED MPI_C_COMPILER)

I had to chage the last line which is
SET(ICET_MPI_LIBRARIES ${MPI_LIBRARY} ${MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY})

to the following
SET(ICET_MPI_LIBRARIES ${MPI_LIBRARY} ${MPI_C_LIBRARIES})

What I am finding is that, otherwise the mpicxx does get linked and then
when you do a gcc to compile it all breaks.  Replacing gcc with g++ works
OK as expected.

I am not sure if this is required specifically for my set up here or is it
a bug?

Regards,
Rakesh