[Paraview] Icet test build fails with Paraview-3.12.0

Bruno Santos bruno.santos at bluecape.com.pt
Mon Jan 9 03:55:09 EST 2012

Hi Rakesh,

Good thing you asked!

OK, so the bug tracker had the commit "number":
967348651061f039b3dbc7a71d70687d928977dd
So I went to the repository for ParaView on Github:
https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/
Clicked on one of the "commits" tab and replace "master" with the commit
number: https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/commits/master ->
https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/commits/967348651061f039b3dbc7a71d70687d928977dd
So, since the problem was with IceT, I went to where it is in ParaView:
https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/tree/967348651061f039b3dbc7a71d70687d928977dd/Utilities
OK, the respective folder only says "IceT - 916f22d", namely the commit
number from where it comes. Went to the root folder of ParaView and
looked at ".gitmodules":
https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/blob/967348651061f039b3dbc7a71d70687d928977dd/.gitmodules

OK, IceT repo is here: git://paraview.org/IceT.git - so I jumped online
to here: paraview.org/IceT.git -- automatic redirect by the website -->
http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=IceT.git
Clicked on one of the links that say "commit" and replace the number by
"916f22d": paraview.org/gitweb?p=IceT.git;a=commit;h=916f22d
Mmm, it's a merge. OK, then clicked on the "shortlog" link and this
/jumped out/ of the list:
http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=IceT.git;a=commit;h=36fad20880740ecacedf9cf80f92a3255c19055b
Clicked on the "diff" link and there we have it!

Wait, I found another commit different from the one I indicated before.
Apparently I didn't backtrack it properly.... Oh, both are from the same
day! So both are needed! See the shortlog:
http://paraview.org/gitweb?p=IceT.git;a=shortlog;h=e2231f1454c90d7d4fd16540d9468ffbdaaec3f7

Best regards,
Bruno

--