[Paraview] Computing the mean place of a set of points

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Fri Jan 6 10:04:20 EST 2012

I two irregular contours (polylines) and I would like to determine the "mean place" between them.Probably the "easiest" way to do it is to start by computing the mean place for each contour, independently.So now my problem is: having a set of points, how to compute the mean geometric plane, ie the plane minimizing square distances of points to itself.Actually I just need 2 vectors lying on the place, from which it would be easy to define a new space.I did not find such a method in VTK (I am writing a plugin so I just need a VTK method, not a PV filter) but I suspect that the plane vectors could be extracted from the result of  vtkPCAAnalysisFilter::GetParameterisedShape() or vtkPCAAnalysisFilter::GetShapeParameters().Am I wrong?Any suggestion for my problem?