[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] [paraview-developers] A kind of building errors of paraview development version under Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 64bits

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jan 5 15:58:08 EST 2012

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list so that everyone can
contribute and benefit. Also this discussion probably should have stayed on
the paraview users list so I'm cross-posting there.

I'm not certain if the 64 bit-ness of the MPI lib matters. It's certainly
safer to stick with a 32 bit version if you are compiling 32 bit code (and
64 bit for 64 bit libs), but it might not be required. Someone else on the
list may clarify.

In any case, the CMake FindMPI module we have has a rich and sordid history
behind it. It could just be buggy on your system. Try moving the cxx.lib to
the MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY variable. I suspect it will build for you then.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive