[Paraview] GUIView example not working

Christoffer Green christoffer.green at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:57:12 EST 2012

Thanks David, this lead me down the right path, I will write a bit so that
anyone else with the same problem has an easier time.

There appears to have been a change in how you define a custom view
somewhere between 3.8 and 3.12, you are now required to supply a vtkPV*View
class and a vtkSM*ViewProxy to stop the server from going nuts and having
the previously mentioned error, I recommend copying them from the Manta
project. The good news is that if your custom view plugin is only run on
the client these classes need no specific logic in them since they appear
to be dummy classes only needed to get a nice architecture going on the
server so doing a simple copy+rename+remove_manta_specific_logic on the
manta classes appears to work well.

BR/ Christoffer