[Paraview] Paraview Development installation

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Jan 2 11:55:02 EST 2012

Except for the most recent release, the information needed to build plugins
that work with our binaries can be found here:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_Binaries
I know this was sufficient (if not terribly convenient) back around 3.6 but
I haven't tried it myself since then.

More recently Dave Partyka overhauled the release build process. In the
ParaView/SuperBuild directory you will find his cmake scripts that automate
the process of pulling, configuring and building ParaView's external
dependencies. This is how we build our binaries now. If you have a matching
platform and compiler this should help your produce a compatible ParaView
development library to build your your plugin against.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive