[Paraview] problems with streamlines filter

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Tue Feb 28 06:11:19 EST 2012

Hi,

I am visualizing a transient flow dataset. I mask points and use a
streamline filter with custom source. This works ideally ... only some
frames reveal broken streamlines. Broken = geometrically correct but
with velocity values order 1e50, or empty (no streamlineas), or
messy/noisy. Now the most annoying part, re-running the filter for the
same settings (just changing a paramter, or timestep, then changing it
back) most of the times result in a proper (expected) behavior.
Is there anything obvious I can check before blaming the filter and
filing a bug report?

Dominik