[Paraview] Glpyh in Spreadsheet view

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Feb 27 18:08:00 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Heusslein, Edith (PH/EWB-VS)
<Edith.Heusslein at bshg.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie in ParaView. I hope you can help me with some basic problems.
>
> I try to postprocess my PIV-data (which I get in csv-format) in ParaView.
> Therefore I wrote a programme in C which turns the data from the csv-file
> (x, y, z coordinates (structured), velocity U, V, W and velocity magnitude)
> in a vtk-format. Next, I load the vtk-file in ParaView to do the
> postprocessing. Is that how you proceed for postprocessing? Or is it
> necessary to do some programming in Python for the postprocessing?

You can, but you should also be able to open the file directly with
the csv reader as long as your paraview isn't too old (3.8 or newer if
memory serves).

> After loading the vtk-file I use the gyph-icon both in 3D view (which works
> well) and in Spreadsheet view. In spreadsheet view there is a column
> "Points". Which coordinates does this column show as these point-coordinates
> are not the coordinates of my Grid-nodes.

You are probably looking at the points of the glyphs, which will only
be the same thing as in the input data if your glyph type is 2D Glyph,
Vertex and you aren't subsampling.

> I hope you can help.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.