[Paraview] Bug with MaskPoints + GaussianSplatter pipeline/

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Tue Feb 21 11:18:24 EST 2012

Hal,

I confirm this bug in ParaView 3.12 on Mac OS X, Windows 7 64-bit, and
Linux 64-bit.

One of the strange behaviors is that no matter the size of the image
produced by the Gaussian resampling filter, the three subsections of
the surface consist of an 11x11 point grid (as long as the resampling
grid is at least 11x11x11).

Also peculiar is that the Outline representation appears to be working
correctly, i.e, showing the full expected extent of the image produced
by the Gaussian resampling filter. However, the Points, Slice,
Surface, Surface with Edges, Volume, and Wireframe representations
show only the 11x11x11 subset of the image. Interesting, the size of
the image produced by the Gaussian resampling filter is reported
correctly in the Information tab.

I suggest filing a bug report.

- Cory

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Hal Canary <hal at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
> On 2/8/2012 10:09 AM, Hal Canary wrote:
>> Attached is a .xml plugin for a Gaussian Splatter filter class that uses
>> VTK's vtkGaussianSplatter class.
>
> Ignore this part of my email.  I hadn't realized that 3.12 already has
> this exposed as the Gaussian Resampling filter.
>
> It was also pointed out that you can skip the MaskPoints part of the
> pipeline and get the same issue.  (Just be sure to set Representation to
> Surface.)
>
> --
> Hal Canary
> http://cs.unc.edu/~hal/