[Paraview] ParaViewSocketPlugin

Felipe Bordeu Weldt felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Sat Dec 8 06:13:16 EST 2012

The pipeline is just my home made reader, and a Warp filter.

My reader is for a solution written in separated representation (I
call it PXDMF).
(http://rom.research-centrale-nantes.com/resources/separated-variables-representation-visualisation/
)

  In other words, in  a classic solution you have u(x,y,z,t), or one
u(x,y,z) for every (t).
So you have the space and a extra temporal dimension.

In my case the solution is u(x,y,z,Fx,Fy,T,x,Ty,Dx). The space 3D
(x,y,z ), force position 2D (Fx,Fy), force direction 2D (Tx,Ty) and
tumor density (Dx).

In the tablet I retrieve all the info about my reader (thanks to you)
and a actualised the solution in real time.
So a have a real-time "simulation" of a liver under a force in the
surface.

The final use of this (the tablet app) is that in our lab we have a 3D
room, and we will like to give to some one in the public the capacity
to control some aspect of the visualisation (point of view, parametric
dimension...)

An another example of my reader plugin (without the tablet) can be
found at (http://rom.research-centrale-nantes.com/overview/#parametricmaterial
)

Enjoy,  Felipe

Le 8 déc. 12 à 06:56, Pat Marion a écrit :

> That's great!  Thanks for sharing.  What are we seeing in the video,
> you're doing some displacement of the mesh?
>
> By the way there is a new plugin that was just added to ParaView,
> it's called MobileRemoteControl.  It's not general purpose like the
> ParaViewSocketPlugin, it has no python scripting, but it uses a
> similar socket design.  It uses the ParaViewWeb protocol (provided
> by the vtkWebGLExporter library) to send the ParaView scene geometry
> to a mobile device, and receives camera state information back from
> the device.  It runs on Android and iOS, but so far I've only
> developed a UI for iOS. It's still work in progress, but there is
> some information here- http://vtk.org/Wiki/VES/ParaView_Mobile_Remote_Control
>
> Pat
>
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Robert Maynard <robert.maynard at kitware.com
> > wrote:
> That is really cool to see. Thanks for sharing the video.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 7, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Felipe Bordeu <felipe.bordeu at ec-
> nantes.fr> wrote:
>
>> Thanks pat,
>>

>> This is the result. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqPQAWEqBk
>>

>> Felipe
>>

>> Le 06/12/2012 13:57, Pat Marion a écrit :
>>> Yes, you can send information back through the socket.  If you're
>>> using the socket to invoke python code, then any string returned
>>> by your python code will be written to the socket.  But, by
>>> default the python handler method doesn't return anything.  If you
>>> edit pqPythonSocketHandler.cxx, you can change the python handler
>>> function that is used.  Just put some code like this at the top of
>>> onSocketReadReady():
>>>
>>>   PyObject* mainModule = PyImport_AddModule("__main__");
>>>   PyObject* mainDict = PyModule_GetDict(mainModule);
>>>   this->Internal->Callback = PyDict_GetItemString(mainDict,
>>> "myFunction");
>>>
>>> That will make the socket forward the string to a python function
>>> you've implemented called "myFunction()", and any string returned
>>> by that will be written to the socket.
>>>
>>> Pat
>>>
>>> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Felipe Bordeu <felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
>>> hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I'm using the great plugin ;) ParaViewSocketPlugin, to control
>>> ParaView. But now I will like to have some information sent back
>>> to the client.  I look at the sources but I couldn't figure out
>>> the way to do it.
>>>
>>> Is this possible, using the plugin (or some minor modifications) ???
>>>
>>> Felipe
>>>
>>> --
>>> Felipe Bordeu Weldt
>>> Ingénieur de Recherche