[Paraview] Release build configuration documentation

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Wed Apr 25 13:13:15 EDT 2012

I have updated the version for Visual studio for the binary packages.

It should be noted that this really is just the minimum version that is
needed to satisfy the dll requirements. If you have a newer msvcrt
installed in your SXS directory it will be chosen automatically by windows.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Michael Jackson <
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> That is great. One request for more details though. I need to know the
> exact version of VS2008 for the Windows builds. Depending on the version of
> VS2008 a different set of C/C++ runtime lib/versions is used. My goal is I
> want to be able to build a plugin that I can host on my own web site and
> simply tell people to download ParaView from the ParaView website. If we
> don't exactly match VS2008 versions then the user will get "side-by-side"
> issues. Thanks
> Mike Jackson                    Principal Software Engineer
> BlueQuartz Software                            Dayton, Ohio
> mike.jackson at bluequartz.net              www.bluequartz.net
>
> On Apr 25, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
>
> > Yes indeed: http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_Binaries
> >
> > Utkarsh
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov>
> wrote:
> >> Until recently, there was a link on the ParaView download page to
> >> documentation on the configuration of each build (for example, what
> compiler
> >> used, versions of Qt, MPI, etc.).  I do not see that on the most recent
> >> download page.  Is this information still being maintained?
> >>
> >> -Ken
> >>
> >>    ****      Kenneth Moreland
> >>     ***      Sandia National Laboratories
> >> *** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov
> >> **  ***  **  phone: (505) 844-8919
> >>     ***      web:   http://www.sandia.gov/~kmorel

> >> Powered by www.kitware.com

> >> Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
> >> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

> > Powered by www.kitware.com

Robert Maynard