[Paraview] paraview not running!!!

Pierre Chevalier Géologue pierrechevaliergeol at free.fr
Fri Sep 30 14:21:32 EDT 2011

Le 30/09/2011 18:38, Pierre Chevalier Géologue claviota:
> PS: I try to do the same on my side, to check, but my bandwidth is not
> too good, so it'll take some time to download the tarball.

I have the tarball, at last: it is HUGE!

wget
http://www.paraview.org/files/v3.12/ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz
ls -lh ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz

-rw-r--r-- 1 pierre pierre 116M 30 sept. 17:30
ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz

116M, my telephone line got warm...

tar zxf ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz

du -sh ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686
360M    ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686

I browse through the files.  Okay, I understand better, now...  Yes,
definitely, my advice was quite bad!
I thought the tarball would just contain the executables, and a couple
of libraries... Oops, not.

I stick to my "normal" debian installation, definitely!

By the way: in which GNU/Linux distributions is paraview packaged?
Obviously, debian, and not scientific linux.

À+
Pierre

Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 05 62 28 06 83
		06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue