[Paraview] Plot over line CSV export python script not working

Luca Giannelli bilogo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 00:47:04 EDT 2011

Ok,

I moved on a little..... Reading the output of the error reported in the
previous mail, it says that it cannot find "XArrayName". Looking the
original script you can see that it is needed for the definition of the plot
area properties in the GUI.... I don't need it as I only want a csv file, so
I commented out everything in that section. Running the script again it now
complains about being unable to find "CreateWriter". I need this to write
the csv file so this error becomes fatal.
As this function should be included in the paraview.simple that I load at
the beginning of the script (like explained in the manual), what I did was
to go through all the functions in the simple.py file to locate it. Without
any succes..... Then I went on with the brute-force approach and lauched:

grep -H -r "CreateWriter" /usr

Binary file /usr/lib/paraview/libvtkPVFilters.so matches

Binary file /usr/lib/paraview/libvtkPVServerManager.so matches

Binary file /usr/lib/paraview/libvtkIO.so.pv3.8 matches

Binary file /usr/lib/paraview/libvtkPVServerManagerPythonD.so matches

Binary file /usr/lib/paraview/libpqApplicationComponents.so matches

Binary file /usr/lib/paraview/libvtkIO.so matches

Unfortunately they are all bin files and not py...

I'm starting to believe that I'm really missing something here.....

Any idea?

Thx!!!

Luca

2011/9/30 Luca Giannelli <bilogo at gmail.com>

> [...]
>>> I want to execute a series of plot over line in numerous points and
>>> different time steps so it is nothing
>>> I can afford to do manually.
>>> Looking on the net I was able to find out how to record a macro and how
>>> to create a writer so I
>>> ended up with this script:

>>> try: paraview.simple
>>> except: from paraview.simple import *
>>> paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()
>>>
>>> fotobioreattore_foam = GetActiveSource()
>>> PlotOverLine2 = PlotOverLine( Source="High Resolution Line Source" )
>>>
>>> PlotOverLine2.Source.Point1 = [-0.035100001841783524,
>>> -0.03509980067610741, 0.0]
>>> PlotOverLine2.Source.Point2 = [0.035100001841783524,
>>> 0.035100001841783524, 0.4300000071525574]
>>>
>>>  DataRepresentation7 = Show()
>>>
>>> PlotOverLine2.Source.Point1 = [-0.0, 0.0, 0.0]
>>> PlotOverLine2.Source.Point2 = [0.0, 0.0, 0.4300000071525574]

>>> DataRepresentation7.XArrayName = 'arc_length'