[Paraview] Fail to get the input of a mapper

沈恩亚 enya.shen2010 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:26:16 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to get the input of a mapper briefly as follows:

    *vtkMapper* mapper = actor->GetMapper();
    vtkDataSet* input = mapper->GetInput();
    int numPoints = input->GetNumberOfPoints();*

but faild.

I found that the numPoints is A (such as 400) when the representation of a
data is *Outline*, and B (such as 5500) when the representation of the same
data is *Surface*.

It seems that I only got part(s) of the whole data.

Anyone would tell me what is wrong and how to get the whole data?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!