[Paraview] threshold filter for vector magnitudes?

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:02:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have some Exodus files with complex-values on unstructured grids.
The complex values are represented as vectors of size 2. By default,
ParaView shows the Magntite of the "vectors" (equals the absolute
value of the complex number).

What I would like to have is a threshold plot of where the magnitude
sits between certain values. So far, it seems, the interface only
allows for threshold plots for actual (real-valued) scalar data, not
for magnitudes of vectors and such.

Would there be a way around this restriction?

Cheers,
Nico