[Paraview] Changing Chart Series Visibilities from Python

Greg Schussman schussman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 6 14:03:04 EDT 2011

On 10/06/2011 07:33 AM, pat marion wrote:
> series_names = [name for name in d.GetProperty("SeriesNamesInfo")]

Hi, Pat.

Thanks for the helpful pointers.

After setting everything up in ParaView (3.10.1, 64-bit), I'm not
getting results.  Here is what I did from the ParaView Python Shell:

> >> p = FindSource("PlotData1")

> >> rep = GetDisplayProperties(p)

> >> rep.GetProperty("SeriesNamesInfo")

None

While, at the same time, the Object Inspector shows 27 series, each with
the correct name.

Does something need to be updated or refreshed first?  I notice in the
pvblot script, there is a

   rep.Update()

but when I try that in ParaView's python shell (after getting the
representation the way I showed above), it tells me:

> >> rep.Update()

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<console>", line 1, in <module>

File "/usr/lib64/paraview/site-packages/paraview/servermanager.py", line
370, in __getattr__

return getattr(self.SMProxy, name)

AttributeError: Update

Thanks!