[Paraview] Cube Axes labels problems in current ParaView sources

Nenad Vujicic nenadus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:28:29 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I have problems with Cube Axes labels in ParaView v3.10.1 (and SVN
sources). I load file with terrain mesh, turn on "Show Cube Axes" (on
Display tab of Object Inspector) and everything is displayed great.
However, if I scale (either using transformation controls on display
tab or with Transform Filter) along Z axis, Z axis labels will be
scaled too (numerically)! In this way labels (in my case elevation)
will be incorrect. Is this correct behavior? Also, in "Edit Cube Axes
Properties" dialog, when I select "Custom Bounds", again both axes and
axes labels are changed.

I looked at vtkCubeAxesActor.cxx and it seems it generates entire axes
mesh (both axes/ticks and labels) from previously calculated
boundaries. Can anyone suggest some easy way to patch it, so only axes
/ ticks are scaled (i.e. without multiplying labels values)?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Nenad.