[Paraview] AppendDatasets and time steps

logari81 logari81 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 13:07:14 EST 2011

Hi all,

in a script that I am writing, I import two sequences of legacy vtk
files containing multiple time steps. Then I try to merge the two
sequences using the AppendDatasets filter. However, the generated source
misses any information about timesteps. Here is a minimal example
demonstrating this:

 >>> from paraview.simple import *
paraview version 3.10.1, Date: 2011-01-28
 >>> sourceA =
LegacyVTKReader(FileNames=['/tmp/fileA_disp0.vtk','/tmp/fileA_disp1.vtk'])
 >>> sourceB =
LegacyVTKReader(FileNames=['/tmp/fileB_disp0.vtk','/tmp/fileB_disp1.vtk'])
 >>> sourceA.TimestepValues
[0.0, 1.0]
 >>> sourceB.TimestepValues
[0.0, 1.0]
 >>> source = AppendDatasets(sourceA, sourceB)
 >>> source.TimestepValues
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 370, in __getattr__
     return getattr(self.SMProxy, name)
AttributeError: TimestepValues

If I save the state and open it in the gui I cannot iterate through the
time steps.

When I do the same operations using the GUI, it works.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Kostas