[Paraview] Help file for Custom plugin NOT being included with Deployed ParaView.

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Nov 21 15:15:21 EST 2011

It would seem that people writing plugins would want to provide some sort of help for their plugins but after looking through the Plugins directory that comes with ParaView I see that there are NO help files for any of those plugins which makes me think I am in the minority in this case.

 It would seem that the first thing would be to push the generation of the documentation off until AFTER all the plugin CMake code has been run through. If this is possible (and easy) then moving forward with a mechanism to include help files becomes much easier. It almost is as easy as appending to PV_DOCUMENTATION_FILES. I would expect this could be included in a patch release for 3.12 if that occurs. If there is much more that needs to be done then 4.0 is probably a better target.

Thoughts.
--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>